If you’re still looking for an idea of what to bake this festive season, here is the Christmas chocolate orange brownies recipe – sweet, delicious and best for sharing with your family and friends – a perfect Christmas bake.
Servings:12-18 |Prep Time: 25min. |Cooking Time: 40min.
100g Plain flour
200g chopped dark chocolate
100g chopped dark orange chocolate
200g chopped butter
350g caster sugar
50g cocoa powder
Zest of 1 large orange
24 x 20cm brownie tin.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and line the brownie tin with baking paper
- Over a low heat melt the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest in a non-stick pan, stirring regularly.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale, the volume has doubled and leaves a trail when the whisk is lifted out
- Now, stir this mixture into the cooled chocolate mix and sift in the flour and cocoa and mix all together
- Add the orange chocolate to the mixture and then pour into your lined brownie tin and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Let the brownies cool in the tin before cutting into squares
Show us what you can create; snap it and share it using #MontpellierCreations.