Courgette ribbon salad
The perfect summer light lunch or dinner.
Serves 4 – 555cals
- 25g Pine nuts
- 4 Large courgettes, sliced into ribbons or spiralized
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 small loaf of sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60g bag baby kale
- 100g Goat’s cheese (crumbled)
- Handful of mint leaves
- 25g Raisins
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and tip pine nuts onto a baking tray. Cut the sourdough into chunky dice and pop on the baking tray, next to the nuts. Drizzle with the oil and add plenty of seasoning.
- Roast for 5 minutes until the pine nuts are golden and toasted, remove from the baking tray and set aside.
- Return the croutons to the oven for a further 5-8 minutes until golden.
- Put the courgette ribbons in a large bowl with the juice and zest of 1/2 the lemon.
- Wash and dry the kale, adding to the courgettes with the goat’s cheese, mint and raisins. Then toss everything together.
- Create the dressing by combining all the ingredients. Season well and drizzle over the salad and then toss to coat.
- Place salad onto a platter and scatter over the croutons, pine nuts and plenty of black pepper.