Superfood salad with quinoa
Nutritious, full of veggies and gluten-free.
Serves 6 – 385cals
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 Avocado
- 1 punnet of salad cress
- 20 g feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g Quinoa
- 320 g Broccoli
- 35 g mixed nuts (e.g walnuts and almonds)
- 1 Pomegranate
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Limes (juice of)
- 1 Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Red chilli
- Cook the quinoa according to packet instructions in a pan of boiling salted water.
- Slice broccoli into small florets, then halve. Place into a heatproof colander and rest over the quinoa pan. Covering to steam for 3 minutes.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse the quinoa using cold water, leave to cool along with the broccoli.
- Toast the nuts in a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Halve pomegranate and squeeze the juice from one half into a large bowl. Add 3 times the amount of extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and balsamic vinegar. Whisk well and season to taste.
- Add the broccoli to the dressing and cress.
- Roughly chop coriander and finely slice the chilli, adding to the bowl of quinoa.
- Toss well and spread out on a serving platter, then scoop out and sprinkle over the avocado.
- Hit the left over pomegranate half with a wooden spoon, so that the seeds fall out and scatter over the platter along with nuts, cress, and crumbled feta cheese.