Stay warm this autumn and enjoy a delicious bowl of creamy pumpkin soup.
(30 minute cook time, serves 4)
1 Small Pumpkin (1kg)
1 chopped onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Rosemary Sprigs
2tbsp Clear Honey
3tbsp Olive Oil
500ml Chicken Stock
1 Glass of Dry White Wine
150ml Double Cream
1 Lemon (Juice Only)
- The oven should be pre heated to 200-220oC, gas 7.
- Peel your pumpkin and scoop out the seeds. The flesh should then be cut into cubes and placed on a roasting tray. The onion, garlic and rosemary sprigs should also be scattered on the tray.
- Drizzle the honey and olive oil and place the baking tray on the oven for 30-40 minutes or until the pumpkin is golden and tender.
- While the pumpkin is in the oven bring the stock to boil. When the vegetables are done in the oven add to a blender with the stock and white wine and blend until smooth. Add the cream and lemon juice and blend again to mix in, and then return the mixture to the pan.
- The soup is now ready to serve. Add an extra spoonful of cream and a pinch of pepper to each bowl to finish off.